Please contact to request an alternate start time for your group
LUNCH & DRINK
A WALKING JOURNEY OF SYDNEY COVE WITH LUNCH FOR PRIVATE GROUPS.
GROUP SIZE: Minimum of 4 people. Maximum of 15 people
We invite you on a unique historical adventure through the Rocks, the Cove & the Harbour.
TOUR DESCRIPTION: Based in Sydney’s most historic quarter, we will uncover the secrets of The Rocks, explore the history of the Cove and reveal the fascinating stories behind the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.
INCLUSIONS: A delicious lunch and beverage is included at our mid-tour-stop inside an historic local pub in The Rocks. Enjoy the chef’s daily selection of meats from the smoker, tasty sides and craft beer from the pub’s micro brewery.
YOUR GUIDE: You are in good hands, your tour will be led by a local historian and passionate storyteller. Expect animated history, delivered with a sense of humour. Find out more about YOUR TOUR GUIDE.
This is the story of Sydney’s ancient past and colonial transformation. It is also a story about the extraordinary people behind Sydney’s living heritage.
You will be introduced to orphan prisoners who rose to riches and common thieves who saved the starving colony.
You will be introduced to warriors, surgeons, coxswains, farmers, forgers, mutineers, brewers, botanists, gamblers, governors and indigenous Australians such as Bennelong, the first known Aboriginal man to travel from Sydney to England and back again!
From the mishaps of Captain Cook to the visionaries behind the Harbour Bridge. From the convict architect who transformed the colony to the Danish designer behind Sydney’s Opera House.
The struggles and triumphs of Sydney’s history and people are served over The Rocks on an interactive walking adventure. So join us in a celebration of Sydney’s story and treat your group to a unique journey into our remarkable past.
ON YOUR JOURNEY :
Navigating through the hidden corridors, cobblestone laneways and sandstone ruins of this picturesque quarter, together we will bring Sydney’s history to life by revisiting the very streets it was made.
THIS TOUR WILL COVER:
- Sydney before the ships arrived
- Why did the convicts come? A clear context to transportation
- The voyage, landing and struggles of the First Fleet
- Sydney’s secret fresh water stream
- The struggles of the early convict colony
- Great escapes, murder, mutiny and fortunes
- Sandstone laneways in The Rocks
- Street gang stories and scandals
- Heritage protected ruins
- Shipping, trade and pioneering highlights
- The armed battery of Dawes Point
- Sydney’s submarine attack of WWII
- Behind the construction of the Harbour Bridge
- The Sydney Opera house: dreams and nightmares
- Contemporary Circular Quay and the modern highlights
- Maps, models and murals of Sydney’s history
- Any question you have: answered on the spot.
TIMING AND INFORMATION:
- This is a private tour for groups of 4 – 15 people
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour begins.
- Coffee, water and bathrooms are available at our meeting spot.
- The tour will endeavour to run for approximately 4 hours including a 45 minute stop for lunch mid way through.
- It should be noted that any delays, extra discussion or unforeseen events may vary the total length of the tour.
- Please make any dietary requirements or allergies known to us in advance
- If craft beer is not for you, then a selection of soft drinks and juices are available.